Monday, June 13, 2011

From the beginning part 2

So I left off talking about decided to go to college in my hometown due to my fears. That is just what I did. I did end up meeting my husband there, so I am sure it was meant to be. Anyway undergraduate college was much like highschool. I didn't participate in any clubs and to this day I regret not joining a sorority. I didn't live in the dorms. I didn't really experience college the way most people do. I do truly regret it. I was on Paxil off and on during college. When I was off it, I was not even able to walk through the student center during lunch time because I'd be afraid of everyone looking at me. When I was on the drug, I was able to actually eat by myself if I wanted to. I still had the problems with withdrawals though, and I wasn't the most responsible when it came to taking my meds. I held a part time job all through college and did pretty well with it. I graduated college in May of 2007 and married my husband in June 2007. We then moved so I could attend pharmacy school, and we bought a house. So BIG BIG BIG changes for me, and everything went pretty well. I was still taking prozac 20mg per day and I think I was just so happy to be married and out on my own, I didn't have much anxiety. I didn't participate in pharmacy school activities that much, but I'm married and wanted to spend more time with my husband. About a year into pharmacy school, I switched from Paxil 20mg daily to Prozac 20mg daily. I wanted something that wouldn't be as harmful if I were to get pregnant. I wasn't planning on getting pregnant, but just in case, plus I hated the withdrawals. I had a VERY rough week when I made the transition, but I made it through. In fact, my anxiety was pretty well controlled until about 2 months ago. A few months ago I relapsed...I relapsed bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment