Monday, June 13, 2011

Klonopin day 1 and 2

Sunday 6/12/11 was my first day on Klonopin. Well sorta, I took 0.5mg the night before(Saturday). At the advice of my doctor I will be starting with 1 tablet per day and then increase to 2 tablets per day. My sleep was amazing. I fell right asleep and did not have a hangover affect the next day. No racing thoughts or waking up the middle of the night with dialogue from work going on through my head. I do generally sleep better on the weekends though, since I tend to worry less. The next morning church went well, I generally worry about walking in and everyone looking at me. Not so bad this morning, and I even suggested me and W go to the young adults Sunday school class after church. This is big for me because for the past few weeks I haven't been wanting to go, ever since my SA relapsed. We are new at this church which makes it WAY worse since people are constantly coming up to us during the class and introducing themselves (you know being totally normal and nice!) but it just makes me a nervous wreck. Well I can honestly say I was as carefree during Sunday school as I've ever been. My research tells me that the duration of action of Klonopin is about 12 hours, and I could definitely tell it wasn't working as well late Sunday afternoon and evening. I was getting anxious about work the next morning. I haven't noticed a difference since increasing my prozac dose yet. (20 to 40mg)

Monday 6/13/11-I again had great sleep last night. Work went well today, but I don't know how much I can attribute to the Klonopin. The people that I really like and feel comfortable working with were there when I got there, and I didn't have to do anything new or scary and spent most of the day doing modules on the computer, so not much interaction with patients or customers. I haven't decided if I want to increase my Klonopin to twice per day. If I can just take one at night to help with sleep, and that can maybe help get me through the morning at work, since once I get to work and sort of get into a routine, my anxiety goes down a bit. I haven't decided..I have no idea how tired it would make me if I took it during the day, but so far I haven't had any side effects of either the Klonopin or the dosage increase of the Prozac. If anything my mood has been better. On a negative note, I was supposed to call to schedule my therapy session today and I totally forgot!! I will have to make sure I do it tomorrow....oh how I hate calling to make appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment